Come Create/Open Studio
Open Studio hours are available when posted (below) on a first come, first served basis. Artists participating in Come Create/Open Studio must qualify by having the ability to work independently on their own projects and have experience using coldworking equipment or have taken one of our Introduction to Glass Fusing classes OR a Beginners Class. A studio artist will be on hand to offer assistance; however Limited Instruction is provided. Projects must be picked up within 2 weeks after firing; if project left after 1 month… project becomes property of Starry Night Creations Glass Studio (unless other arrangements made).
OPEN STUDIO COST: $32 for 2 hours
What IS Included:
- Use of all Glass (if larger pieces needed, priced accordingly to item being created) which includes: Opal, Transparent, Specialty Glass, Stringers, Frit (Medium, Course)
- Glass Cutting Surface(s) & Tools
- Grinders, Ring Saw
- (1) Firing
- Limited Instruction
What Is NOT Included:
- Dichroic Glass (Available for Purchase in Studio)
- Additional Firings (besides the first) - $20
- Slumping or Draping (in Kiln) - $16
- Molds to Fill (w/Frit) – Cost Varies; Depends on Mold plus includes (1) Firing (add'l. cost to Slump)
- Larger Pieces of Glass are priced per ½ or Full 10 x 10 Piece; depends on type of glass used.
WHAT CAN BE CREATED FOR $32? (See Pics Below of Items Listed, in Order)
- Glass Jewelry – 2 Pendants, 1 Pendant + 1 Earring Set, OR 2 Sets of Earrings; Bails Included (Customer MUST have taken a Beginners Jewelry Class+Bonus Bails w/Starry Night Creations in order to adhere Bails). Bails & Earring Hooks (Gold/Silver) can be applied for Customer for an Additional Fee.
- Garden/Plant Stake: Angle: 3"w x 10”l or Rectangle: 2”w x 10”l.
- (2) Coasters, 4" x 4"
- Butterfly Stake/WindSpinner
- Garden WindSpinner, 1-1/2" x 6"
- (2) Small Ornaments/Holiday Ornaments, 3-4"
- Nightlight, 2” x 4” (Includes Attachments & Bulb, 1 Firing)
Need more Time beyond 2 hours? An Hourly Fee is Charged.
CLICK on a PICTURE BELOW TO SEE LARGER...
Come Create/Open Studio Session; Wed, Feb 22, 2023; 1:00-3:00p-- Existing Students Only OR Those w/Glass Cutting Experience
Please see Description (above/previous page) for Details. Click on "View Details" for more Pics & to Register. Up to (4) Spaces Available in 2 rooms. "Select Your Project" to Create through the Drop Down Menu, # of People, and "Buy Now". If Item Sold Out, Please choose "My Own Project", and LMK what you are creating. Anything Larger than those shown will have an Additional Fee, and must be approved to ensure enough glass available.