Come Create/Open Studio
Open Studio hours are available when posted (below) on a first come, first served basis. Artists participating in Come Create/Open Studio must qualify by having the ability to work independently on their own projects and have experience using coldworking equipment or have taken one of our Introduction to Glass Fusing classes OR a Beginners Class. A studio artist will be on hand to offer assistance; however No Instruction is provided. Projects must be picked up within 2 weeks after firing; if project left after 1 month… project becomes property of Starry Night Creations Glass Studio (unless other arrangements made).
OPEN STUDIO COST: $29 for 2 hours
What IS Included:
- Use of all Glass (if larger pieces needed, priced accordingly to item being created) which includes: Opal, Transparent, Specialty Glass, Stringers, Frit (Medium, Course)
- Glass Cutting Surface(s) & Tools
- Grinders, Saw
- (1) Firing
- Limited Instruction
What Is NOT Included:
- Dichroic Glass (Available for Purchase in Studio)
- Additional Firings (besides the first) - $20
- Slumping or Draping (in Kiln) - $16
- Molds to Fill (w/Frit) – Cost Varies; Depends on Mold plus includes (1) Firing (add'l. cost to Slump)
- Larger Pieces of Glass are priced per ½ or Full 10 x 10 Piece; depends on type of glass used.
WHAT CAN BE CREATED FOR $29? (See Pics Below of Items Listed, in Order)
- Glass Jewelry – 2 Pendants, 1 Pendant + 1 Earring Set, OR 2 Sets of Earrings; Bails Included (Customer MUST have taken a Beginners Jewelry Class w/Starry Night Creations in order to adhere Bails). Bails & Earring Hooks (Gold/Silver) can be applied for Customer at a rate of $13.
- Garden/Plant Stake: Angle: 3"w x 10”l or Rectangle: 2”w x 10”l.
- Coaster, 5" x 5"
- Small Trinkets Plate, 4-5" (includes 2 firings)
- Small Ornament/Holiday Ornament, 3-4"
- Small “Missing Pieces” Ornament/Flat, 3-4" (Round, Heart)
- WindSpinner, 2" x 7"
- Nightlight, 2” x 4” (Includes Attachments & Bulb, 1 Firing)
Need more Time beyond 2 hours? Another hour = $13
CLICK on a PICTURE BELOW TO SEE LARGER...
Come Create/Open Studio Session; Wed, Feb 17, 2021; 2:00-4:00p-- Existing Students Only OR Those w/Glass Cutting Experience
Please see Description (above) for Details! Click on "View Details" for more Pics & to Register. Only (2) Spaces Available. "Select Your Project" below to Create, # of People, and "Buy Now".